This album is made in an edition of 900 copies. The artwork on one side is a drawing by Post Typography and the other is a photo silk-screen by Crosshair. The images portray record stores of the future - one if you support the community institutions and the other if you don’t. Yes that is right, the inconvenient truth. The silk-screening and jacket fabrication will be done by Crosshair. Deluxe all hand-made hand-printed loveliness!
1. Mountains “Windows” This is a new song that does not appear anywhere else. It was recorded with love for the record store.
2. Tortoise “High Class Slim Came Floatin’ In” This is a new song. It will also appear on their new album in June. Released early with love for the record store.
1. Double Dagger “Stagger Lee” This is a new song that does not appear anywhere else. It was recorded with love for the record store.
2. White Hills “Eye to Eye” This track was previously released on a hyper-limited and out of print tour CD-R called Abstractions & Mutations. Released for the first time on LP with love for the record store.
3. Trans Am featuring Tim Soete “Wounded Monkey“ This is an unreleased song that was recorded and mixed on March 28, 2005 at MAINZ in Auckland, New Zealand. The track features Tim Soete (The Fucking Champs) on lead guitar and vocals. Released with love for the record store.
The album will also come with two inserts: a Zine “WhatsinstORe” with contributions from Ira Robbins (Trouser Press), Stephen Pastel (The Pastels, Monorail), Ian Mackaye (Dischord, Evens, Fugazi, Minor Threat), Jim Magas (Reckless Records, Lake Of Dracula, Magas) Julia Cafritz (Pussy Galore), Rick Wojeck (Dusty Groove), Nigel (Rough Trade Records London), Danny Beard (db records, Wax ‘N Facts), Ron (Jazz Record Mart), Andee (A Minor Forest, Aquarius Records), Josh Modell (Other Music), Bill Ryan (Pier Platters), Bundy Brown (Tortoise, Pullman, Directions, Dusty Groove) and more! The second insert : NAY! I say the first MANIFESTO was written by an elusive crank known to dine with those that lay claim to Futurism.
Feel the power! Join the movement RECORDSTOREISM!!