- 01. Glory in the Meeting House
- 03. They Whupped Him Up the Hill
- 05. Jesus on the Mainline
- 06. I Wish I Was in Heaven Sitting Down
- 07. This World Is Not My Home
- 08. Where You Gonna Be (When the Good Lord Calls You Home)?
- 09. What a Friend We Have
- 11. Pure Religion
- 13. Light From the Lighthouse
- 02. Death's Black Train
- 04. Old Ark's A-Movin'
- 10. There Ain't No Grave Gonna Hold My Body Down
- 12. I'm Going Home
Glory In The Meeting House (w/Charlie Parr)
“Glory in the Meeting House” pulls together popular country gospel numbers like “Jesus on the Mainline” and “What a Friend We Have” to rarer numbers like “They Whupped Him Up the Hill” and Parr’s new composition “Where You Gonna Be (When the Good Lord Calls You Home)?”
Charlie Parr plays original and traditional folk and Piedmont-style blues, accompanying himself on National resonator guitars, 12-string guitar and sometimes a banjo. Based in Duluth, Minnesota, Charlie has played all over the USA and Europe and Australia and released six acclaimed albums.
The Black Twig Pickers got their start in a dark alley between the campers at the 1999 Galax Old Fiddlers Convention, choosing their name from an archaic apple variety in founding fiddler Ralph Berrier Jr.'s family orchard. Since then, the Black Twig Pickers' fiddle-banjo-guitar-washboard sound has been heard in dives, barns, streets and dances from Amsterdam to Atlanta, yet remains solidly rooted in a corner of Southwest Virginia where four other states are closer than the Virginia capital.